Friday, May 15, 2015

Just a random post today

Speaking of long weekends, I am having a long weekend starting today. I'm on leave today because I have friends arriving in Singapore later and I'll be spending the whole weekend playing tour guide with them.

Good news though (or bad news), I've written a post scheduled for tomorrow. I'm sure many people are going to hate reading it. Just a friendly reminder that you don't have to.

In other news, I chanced upon this very, very interesting video of Ray Dalio.


Quote of the day? (start from 1.11, that's where he gets riled up)

If you don't own gold... there is no sensible reason other than that you don't know history or you don't know the economics of it. - Ray Dalio

Of course, all the Buffet worshipers are quick to point out that Buffet thinks that gold is a "barbaric relic". It just sits around all day and doesn't do anything. That may be so, but it's still hella better than negative yield bonds now, isn't it?

Dalio's response to Buffet's remarks? (1.38)


Andrew Ross Sorkin: Warren Buffet won't touch gold!
Ray Dalio: Mmmm, okay. Yeah.
Andrew Ross Sorkin: Do you think he's wrong? Clearly, you must...
Ray Dalio: I think he's making a big mistake. Yeah.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw into the frenzy why gold is not a "sucker's investment" from the point of view of a really smart man. Sure, Buffet is without a doubt a genius investor. But what do you want to do? Make his sayings into holy text? Angkat bola ttm please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Observe the house rules.