Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Refresher on Silver

This is just a link of my old posts because I've pretty much said everything already before.

Why don't I only invest in stocks? I think that it is perfectly within reasonable possibility to profit from any asset class, as long as you aren't going in blind.

Why am I buying Silver now? It's officially the worst bear market for silver since the Hunt brothers tried to corner the market. I like to buy cheap stuff.

Why do I think stocks are less attractive than Silver? I believe in mean reversion and based on that, the risk/rewards for silver outweighs that of stocks to me.

Why do I believe in mean reversion? After reading Jason Zweig's book regarding behavourial finance, I think it is one of the few things that can exploited.

Isn't Silver a risky investment? It depends how you define "risk". My thinking of risk has been greatly influenced and shaped by Howard Marks, and I think it is for the better.

Lastly, I'm not a fortune teller, I don't know what is going to happen next.
I'm not telling you to buy anything.
I'm not asking you to sell anything.

I'm just blogging about what I'm doing.

6 comments:

  1. Right. I have added some physical silver last night when metals took a beating. My current play is: For every dollar down, will buy. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dave, being a Silver investor is lonely, so I'm glad to know that there is someone else also watching the metal! I've a somewhat similar strategy, cheers!

      Delete
  2. What is the best way to invest in silver? Can please share? Thanks you in advance.

    victor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Victor, I replied your email to me already.

      Delete
    2. Grateful for this. Thanks , and may you be well and happy.

      Delete
  3. How do we start investing in silver? Can enlighten me?

    ReplyDelete

Observe the house rules.