Thursday, July 2, 2015

[SGX Portfolio] June 2015 Update

As mentioned previously, this will be my attempt at having a monthly update of my SGX portfolio. I have also updated that page to include the historical growth of my portfolio. I find it personally encouraging to know I've come so far from where I started. Hopefully other people may be inspired and also decided to embark on their financial journey.
"The journey of a million miles begins with a single step"
Anyway, here are the current stats of the portfolio as of end June 2015.


Total Cost    $14,885.30     
Unrealized Gains$3.39
Accumulated Dividends $557.06
Realized Gains$553.51

*Total Cost is initial purchase cost of the current portfolio
*Unrealized Gains represents the unrealized capital gains on securities still held in the portfolio
*Accumulated Dividends is the total of all dividends collected thus far

*Realized Gains will only take into account the final net capital gain or loss after including transaction costs to close a long position on a security. 


June was actually a normal month. I saw weakness and I took up small positions in Accordia, Super Group, Semb Corp, Capita Comm, Keppel and Viva Industrial.

I decided to let go of OUE Comm REIT, which has net me a pretty decent 7.2% returns including dividends over the past 11 months. Their new acquisition will be forcing out a rights issue and I neither want to be stuck with odd lots nor end up pumping in more capital than I initially planned. I don't think anything horrible is going to happen to it, but I don't really see promising upsides either.

Capital has increased from last month and since the portfolio started I have managed to stick in an average of $900 in every month. Some months more, some months less. It is rather nice to see my portfolio slowly drifting upwards in value - be it gains or the market or capital injections from myself.

I received $59.61 of dividends from just 3 different counters this month. July looks a bit dry in terms of dividends.

Currently 50% of my returns have come from dividends while the other 50% have come from realizing capital gains. With the recent dip in the market, all my unrealized gains have been wiped out, but I'm still sitting pretty with a decent sized profit of 7.5% safely locked out of the market. Annualized IRR is a pretty interesting 10.6%, but it is of course skewed upwards due to the good fortunes of the stock market the past year. I expect it to drop like a rock if global stocks do badly as well.

Annual income from dividends is now expected to be about $935 for a full year, but of course I collected some and miss out others by not owning them the entire period. That brings the expected monthly income to $77.92 and daily income to be $2.56.

Based on the dividends I am expected to collect, my portfolio dividend yield on cost is estimated to be about 6.29%. I have taken the lower bound estimate for most of my counters, so it is quite possible to have surprises to the upside. My portfolio yield is dropping as I am trying to limit my individual exposure to high yielding names to spread my risks.

What drives me with the sharing of my SGX portfolio is to show people an example of how one can work towards their dreams - with discipline and hard work.

Rome wasn't built in one day. Everybody has to start somewhere.

Where are you heading?

2 comments:

  1. Hi GMGH,

    Congrats on your growing portfolio!

    Cheers,
    Farmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Farmer, let's slowly build our way to our goals! :D

      Delete

Observe the house rules.