Saturday, September 12, 2015

Elections Logik Fraw


Just because the majority won, that does not mean that the majority is right. That is a very big logical flaw.

However, that also does not mean that the majority is wrong.

It just means that they are the majority - no right or wrong is attached to it. There simply was more people that believed one way compared to another.

It is very dangerous to assume that the majority is always right. The timeless example is how the majority of people believed that the Earth was flat for the longest time. As a contrarian investor, I always have to keep this thought in mind - being the majority does not mean being right.

This is not me saying that I believe that the recent polling outcome is flawed or wrong. This is just me saying that to not draw the conclusion that the majority is always right, and that the opposition supporters are uneducated, brainwashed, etc.

However, that doesn't mean I will think of all of my friends the same way as before they expressed their political views. Objectively, they may not be wrong. Subjectively, I would never want to talk about politics with some of them in case they boo me. (I think you can guess how I voted now)

Anyway, the best thing to come out of this elections is the "Ownself check ownself" meme. I just love it.


Happy long weekend everybody.

4 comments:

  1. But the Earth is round

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the check.

      I must ownself check ownself more.

      Delete
  2. Doesn't matters majority or minority. They are right until it is proven that they are wrong. Likewise when they are wrong.

    We will know who is right or wrong when our backside is burnt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't want my backside burn can already XD

      Delete

Observe the house rules.