Monday, December 28, 2015

Goodbye 2015!


I hope this old train breaks down
Then I could take a walk around
And, see what there is to see

You don't know nothing
But you don't need to know
The wisdom's in the trees
Not the glass windows
You cant stop wishing
If you don't let go

I've posted this song before. This is a more chillstep version of a song that I used to listen throughout my backpacking days when I was younger. It is just a happy tune that brings back all my carefree memories as a vagabond in faraway lands in forgotten cities. It reminds me that if you want to do something, just go out and do it.

I started working in 2013 where I didn't take a holiday because I had just came back from my graduation trip and also because it was only my first year. In 2014 I went to Hong Kong and Bali, while this year I went to Beijing/Seoul and also New Zealand.

As you can guess, I'll be going away on a holiday. Where to? You'll get an update once I'm back. This is actually going to be the first time I spend the New Year in a different country. I don't think I've ever done that before. Strange, isn't it?

I do love travelling, especially on trips like this where I get to reunite with my overseas friends and just have a lazy chill holiday. That said though, after travelling so much, I don't think I could just "retire and travel the world". That's like the clique answer that 99% of people will give you, which I find pretty odd since most people go overseas on tour and spend most of their time in the hotel or tour bus anyway. Sure, travelling once in a while is good to add some spice to life, but I couldn't do it forever. While it is a temporary escape, travelling actually helps me to appreciate my normal day-to-day life a lot more.

While I am still young and without obligations, I will always push myself to do things that I will probably regret not doing once I'm much older. I know that I want to see the world, so I carefully plan and make sure those things happen.

Some people make things happen. Other people watch things happen.

2 comments:

  1. Hoping 2016 will be a better year for all of us! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dividend Knight! Sounds good, cheers to that! :)

      Delete

Observe the house rules.