Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Crude Under $30?

Brent and WTI are about 5% down and it looks like they might actually dip before $30!

I don't know about you guys, but I don't believe that we are going to maintain at $30 oil in the future. Sure, low can always get lower, but put in perspective, wow, we have come pretty low this time around!

I don't want to get involved directly into the commodities, so my play on O&G would Keppel and Sembcorp. With allocations to them reaching hefty levels, I'm considering to placing bets into other stocks in related industries which usually ends up involves shipping and marine companies.

Anyway, Keppel and Semb should open up a bloody bloody red tomorrow. Who knows if I slack a bit at work and manage to sneak in an order?

The more Keppel and Semb drops, the more I'd be picking up the pieces from all the panicking people.

3 comments:

  1. So did you buy Keppel or Semb as they have fallen a bit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Choon Yuan, I bought some shares of Keppel at $5.20.

      I'm hoping for extreme bloodshed in this counter. Further weakness does not scare me. Tough times don't last, but tough people do.

      Delete
  2. I admire your courage in testing times like these. Likewise, I have positions in Keppel and SCI (albeit small, but still quite a sum for a student myself) and can't really decide on a course of action to take now. My strategy was to average down but my ammo is quite limited and I'm not sure if I should do it soon. Also, my portfolio exposure to both Keppel and SCI combined is around the region of 40%, which is really starting to push it. I guess I really jumped the gun entering these counters. Just FYI, I have 2 lots of Keppel and average price of $7.40 and 1 lot of SCI at $3.00.

    ReplyDelete

Observe the house rules.