Monday, January 4, 2016

Hello 2016!

Less than a month ago I took a furlough for 2 weeks and came back til the end of the year.

I've been away gallivanting in another country over the new year this past week, which is the reason why I haven't been around to make snide commentary on the ridiculous markets.

Next month I'll also be taking full advantage of the CNY period to run away from relatives and have my first solo trip of 2016.

I'll probably be giving an update on my recent holiday - or not (I'm feeling a bit lazy to do it), but in a quick summary, the past week has been pretty good for me. I managed to really get away from work and just get lost in another country. For people that take a short weekend getaway, I'm sure you know what I mean. A weekend is too short to forget about everything. But since I was away for a week, I really forgot everything and I think that is actually pretty perfect for me to start 2016 with a clean slate.

I'm now a lot more energized and excited about 2016, for the major things in my life, such as work and blogging, but especially for my other personal goals.

As usual, I have TONS of readings to go through since I've been away and out of touch of all financial news for the past week. Seems like a lot of people reflected about 2015 and made resolutions for 2016. I'm sure those would make good reads. I ought to join in the cool kids and make a similar post too.

I've realized that with all my goals for the year, blogging is going to drop slightly in my priority of things that I want to get done in my life. While I've been consistently trying to pump out an article a day over the past 2 odd years of blogging (this is post #1078!!!), I'm giving myself a much more relaxed goals of perhaps an article every 1-3 days, along with my staple of monthly and perhaps annual updates. I still do need and enjoy blogging in my life though. Like I said, writing is my form of meditation to keep my mind feeling light and easy. However, my blog posts are getting kinda messy recently. Perhaps one of these days when the tape is dry and holidays are aplenty (and I'm actually in Singapore), I can plan and set out a better structure for my blog posts. As far as I know, I think people usually drop by to see the progress of my monthly STI portfolio and also my commentary on the Singapore Savings Bonds.

Anyway, nothing interesting here. Just me ranting on random things as usual. Just one man's rant on personal finance.

To an interesting 2016!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back GMGH! Hope you had a good holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J, it was a good trip over that long holiday! I hope you had happy holidays too :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome back man friend - Return of the king!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello GV! Cheers to a great 2016 for us!

      Delete

Observe the house rules.