Thursday, June 23, 2016

Brexit or Bremain?

As much as this might be a financial event, I personally think that this is more of a historical moment where the UK decides its level of autonomy from Europe and how accountable it wants to be to its citizens.

As mentioned before, I would vote for Brexit. I think the shot-term pain would be well worth getting out of this sick and failing European project. Anything that isn't sustainable must come to an end. Better to jump out of the moving car than to be in there when it crashes, imo.

However, the bookies and lots and lots and lots of people have come out to publicly push for Bremain. I think many people are enamored by the idea of "no borders" and other free and hippie stuff. The arguments to remain are weak and I'm not convinced at all. I guess everyone loves the status quo. 

Then again, I would vote for Trump given that his opponent is Shillary. It ain't about how good he is, it is about how bad the alternative is. Same case here, I think UK staying will be bad for them in the long run.

I hope for Brexit, but knowing TPTB, they will end up staying. Unlike the Swiss vote, I'm not holding my breath for this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Observe the house rules.