Monday, November 13, 2017

Warning: Browser Mining Experimentation

Dear all,

I would like to announce that I am experimenting with browser mining.

What is browser mining?

Well, when you surf around my blog, a "miner" will use up a fraction of your computer's computing power to help calculate some operations.

No worries, I have limited the mining to only 2 threads and only 30%, so if you're running a decent computer, you shouldn't even notice it!

Our course, I am mining cryptocurrency.

For those curious, I am mining Monero (XMR), which is one of the few cryptocurrencies that can still be mined using regular computers, without a huge handicap compared to specialized mining machines or expensive graphic cards. Monero is one of the few cryptocurrencies which I am very bullish about.

It's just a fun experiment for me to try out.

Leave me comments if you notice that the site is laggy when you are browsing and I'll try and tweak some settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Observe the house rules.