Monday, May 19, 2014

Asian Pay Television Trust [Portfolio Buy] May 2014

Hi guys, just bought into this today!


Asian Pay Television Trust basically runs the Taiwan Broadband Communications Group, which does Basic Cable, Digital Cable and Broadband.

Basic Cable makes up 72% of their business, Digital Cable is 11% and Broadband is 17%. Not a complicated business model I feel.

Currently, they are priced at a 12% discount to their NAV. Alongside a projected distribution yield of about 10.8%. 52 week low is at $0.715, which represents at 6% downside from current levels.

I have to admit, I didn't do much research into the finer fundamentals of the company. This is quite an asset play. I'm just looking at the asset price and comparing it to it's past performance. Anyway, this is just a small position in my portfolio, but I feel it is rather a safe one considering it's decline already. I'm quite confident that if I hold onto it for a year, I'll definitely break even on this position.

Anyway, I think that this is quite an juicy offering, with the few risks that I looked at considered.

Bought APTT @ $0.76

No comments:

Post a Comment

Observe the house rules.