Monday, May 12, 2014

OCBC 360 Account, First Bonus Interest Payment!

Hey everybody!

Actually, the main traffic driver of my blog so far has been the 2 articles that I wrote about the OCBC 360 account. The first is about the comparison of the DBS Mulitpler vs SCB Bonus$aver vs OCBC 360, and the second is the complete lo-down on the OCBC 360 account.

Anyway, I have good news! I have finally been credited the bonus interest of my account!


As you can see, I was just credited with them today. According to OCBC, the bonus 1% interest will be credited to your account 7 working days after the end of the month.

Last month I only qualified for 2/3 of the bonus 1% interest rate.

I got the Salary Bonus, which is very easy to get. All you have to do is tell your HR department about your new change in bank account, et viola!

I also got the $400 Credit Card Spending Bonus. In fact, I racked up quite a bit on my credit card spending, since I booked my holiday accommodations and bought my sister's birthday present with it. Usually when I go out for meals with my friends, I will pay for the bill first, then everyone will either pay me back cash, or ibank me over the money owed. It is really not hard to hit the $400 spend criteria this way!

The last criteria, which is 3 monthly bills, well.. hopefully I will qualify for that one this month. I don't think I will qualify for it this month, but maybe everything will be processed and go through quickly. Currently, I am only paying for my OCBC credit card bill and that counts as 1 transaction. The other 2 transactions that I am trying to include is my monthly income tax repayment and also my monthly Aviva insurance premiums.

In the near future, I think I will be applying for the CIMB Platinum Mastercard or maybe the SCB Manhattan Card. That would easily help me rack up the amount of bills I need, while also now giving me more access and benefits to the promotions offered by having more credit cards from different banks.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to my bonus interest next month! I hope you're getting yours too!

2 comments:

  1. Do you know whether the $400 minimum spend on OCBC credit card can include bill payment as well? Like paying another bill using the OCBC credit card. Will that be counted in the $400? Thanks!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anon,

    It would be best to call OCBC and check with them, their customer service officers are not bad.

    But from my understanding, it does not matter what you pay for with your OCBC credit card, as long as it is $400, you will get the bonus 1%.

    Do take note that if you have 3 bill payments, you will also get a bonus 1%. If you pay those bills with your OCBC credit card, they will not count as bill payments since they will now be counted towards reaching the $400 for the credit card spending bonus.

    I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Observe the house rules.