Friday, May 23, 2014

Sniper Shorts

Pun intended.


I've been taking quite a few shorts recently, and all of them are the different US equity indices.

I took the IWM short because it just looked the most rewarding in terms of risk and reward. As you can see, the IWM was just less than 1 point away from closing out one of my positions!

I have been making money with all these shorts lately, but I've also lost money too. It's a dangerous gamble I'm taking here, that's why I'm getting my shorts close and tight. If I get stopped out, I'll see if I want to short again at a even higher level or just wait it out.

I still have a nagging suspicion about the whole US recovery, especially with their record high margin debt and their P/E ratios so high. But hey, I just act on what I see, the market doesn't care what I think.

The main thing is staying solvent while the market chops around, ready to cut loose "risk on" positions and have juicy investments are targets just waiting to be bottom picked!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Observe the house rules.