Monday, July 7, 2014

IT'S GOING DOWN, I'm Yellin' TIMBER!




"The bigger they are, the harder they fall" - Pitbull

"It's going down, I'm yelling Timber!" - Ke$ha

How many times have I said this? I'm starting to sound like a broken record. This market is going down.

Why do I think so? John Hampson sums it up quite well. I urge you to read his previous posts. He sounds like a more broken record than I am, but at least both of us has something in common - we put our money where our mouth is at. Both of us are already playing the market short.

My personal magical defense against the dark arts? Well, they are Bob Farrell's 10 rules. These are the 10 commandments that I constantly remind myself to look at to keep myself in check and on the more logical, less herdy side of the investment sheeple.

To be specific, I am talking about the US indices. Not only are the technicals screaming caution, the fundamentals don't add up. This should hit and affect the global markets as well, since we are all interconnected. I'd think that Europe would get hit quite nasty, but I think Asia would have a certain resilience, unless this in China goes bat crazy.

I am looking to grab up some amazing tickers at good prices if the correction does play out like I imagine. Some high quality names while people run for the hills and squeeze out the door at the same time. I'm specifically looking to beef up my SGX portfolio and to also pick up some great yield investments if I can. Nothing too fancy.

I'm not asking you to do anything or take any action. This is just ol' crazy uncle MH ranting about his same old doomsday prediction. Who knows, maybe by the end of all this craziness, I will be blogging from his brand new condo balcony!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Observe the house rules.