Wednesday, July 2, 2014

[SGX Portfolio] June 2014 Update

As mentioned previously, this will be my attempt at having a monthly update of my SGX portfolio

There are a few reasons why I want to build a portfolio of SGX stocks.

I do know about home-bias, I am specifically investing because I do have home-bias. My research has shown me that the SGD as a currency is one of the best performing currencies in the world. Therefore I want my future retirement capital and my portfolio dividend income to be denominated in SGD.

I do know about index investing. I know how most investors do not beat the index in the long run, be it from any one of the hundreds of reasons why retail investors always fail. I am going out on a limb here to fantasize that I can beat in the index. I might fail, but if you never try, you've already failed.

I do know about diversification and rebalancing. This SGX portfolio is just part of my entire portfolio of investments. I do know that the ride is going to be tough and bumpy, but good things don't come easy to everybody.

Here are the current stats of the portfolio as of end June 2014.

                                                                          Lots          Average Price    Dividends Collected
Croesus Retail Trust
1
0.900
-
Saizen REIT
1
0.875
-
CDW
1
0.131
-
Qian Hu
2
0.082
-
Asian Pay TV Trust
1
0.760
-
Lippo Malls Retail Trust
1
0.405
-
New Toyo
1
0.290
-

Total Cost      $3,525    
Unrealized Gains
$137
Dividends Collected
-

I am expected dividends of about $270 for the full year, but I missed many of the distributions for the first half of the year. In fact, I have not collected any dividends so far.

Based on the dividends I am expected to collect, my portfolio dividend yield is estimated to be about 7.5%.
I started this portfolio only in Mar 2014, I think it has been doing decently well since the start, I've never been in negative equity yet.

I will probably make a page tab later or next month. I'm thinking of keeping that page updated as the latest month, while archiving all the previous (future) months of my portfolio, so I can see it's evolution and gain over time.

3 comments:

  1. The author has made a good attempt to cover the Singapore Exchange. I wish if you could provide the over all gold updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sell away Qian Hu. No point keeping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon,

      Thanks, 9 months old, but I did sell away Qian Hu for breakeven.

      Delete

Observe the house rules.