Friday, August 29, 2014

[SGX Portfolio] August 2014 Update

As mentioned previously, this will be my attempt at having a monthly update of my SGX portfolio

Here are the current stats of the portfolio as of end August 2014.

                                                                         Lots         Average Price   Dividends Collected
Croesus Retail Trust
1
0.900
-
Saizen REIT
1
0.875
-
CDW
1
0.131
-
Asian Pay TV Trust
1
0.760
-
Lippo Malls Retail Trust
1
0.405
$6.80
New Toyo
1
0.290
-
Chuan Hup
1
0.285
-
Hotung
2
0.149
-
Singapore Shipping Corp
2
0.265
$20.0
OUE Commercial REIT
1
0.805
-
Hock Lian Seng
1
0.270
-
Global Investments
3
0.141
-

Total Cost     $5,972    
Unrealized Gains$288
Realized Gains$3.18
Dividends Collected$26.80

*Realized Gains will take into account the final net profit or loss after including transaction costs to close a long position on a security. Dividends that has been collected(which are realized) are separately counted.

Annual income from dividends is now expected to be about $400 for a full year, but of course I collected some and miss out others. I am expecting 4 of my counters to pay out dividends next month, and they are Asian Pay TV, CDW, Saizen REIT and Croesus Retail Trust.

Based on the dividends I am expected to collect, my portfolio dividend yield on cost is estimated to be about 7.0%.

I am currently working to create a watchlist that only have very fundamentally solid, dividend counters. This will reduce my future screening time and whenever there is broad market weakness, I will look for the most promising counters and purchase them on dips.

I am also looking forward to the drop in share lots from 1000 to 100, because it will enable me to have access to much more companies that used to have a very high capital requirement. However, this will only happen in Jan 2015. I will start checking the fundamentals of the companies that I look to add in my future watchlist though.

Finally, I am also studying more so that I can develop a second style of evaluating stocks. Even though my method has so far proven to be profitable, it is too soon to say because the time period is too short. Also, a new style will give my portfolio diversification since my conclusion to include counters would be based on a totally different methodology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Observe the house rules.