Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Silver Stacking Size? 10 oz Bars (Pt 2)

In "Silver Stacking Size? 10 oz Bars (Pt 1)", I talked about how I came to the conclusion that the best physical silver investment for myself is the Royal Canadian Mint 10 oz Bar.

So anyway, since I had already ordered and paid for the bar online, all I had to do was to go down and pick it up. I ended work early today, so I headed to Clarke Quay to collect the bar.

For some strange reason, I kept wondering how it would look like in real life and if it would even be nice at all. Then I comforted myself that even if it wasn't, it is just 1 bar, and silver is still silver anyway.

I got to BullionStar. Showed my invoice and my ID. Check my bar and signed for it. I was in and out of the shop within 3 minutes. Amazing.

I was quite in a rush, so I didn't really get to fully appreciate the bar when I was there, but after I had my dinner, I gleefully took out the bar for further examination.


First thing you notice is the appearance. The finish is not so shiny and reflective like a mirror sort. The bar has a nice brushed finish to it.

The detail looks great and the design is very clean and modern, which I must prefer to the other silver bars that I've seen. Those look like they are stolen relics from WW2.

My bar came with a 88xxxxx serial number, which I understand means it was from the minted batch sent to Asia. These bars only began production mid last year, so I think that it is also quite symbolic for me since that is also when I began seriously investing in precious metals.

The bar is deceivingly heavy. It does not look like much, but it is much heavier than it looks. I guess that's what 10oz of pure silver in your hand feels like. Oooo yeah. Very nice sturdy feel to it. 

The BEST part about this bar? It comes wrapped in a sealed plastic wrap from the mint itself. The wrap is thick enough that my bar seems to be in flawless condition, yet it is thin enough that I can feel the bumps over the designs. I really like that I don't have to bother with maintenance since it is all sealed up. Physical silver gets tarnished and has to be stored properly, something that physical gold investors don't have to worry about. Lastly I also like that I can man-handle it and feel it all over without worrying about it.

I have to say, I am very happy with this 10 oz bar. This purchase made me make up my mind that I will definitely be stacking this bar for my future physical silver purchases! I feel so tempted to buy more, ahhhhhh! But, silver is cheap now, isn't it? AHHHHH, HELP ME!!!


Full disclosure: If you enter BullionStar through my site, and you buy anything, I get a small commission.

This is my main source of blog revenue. I prefer this to asking for "donations" because I rather you get something that you want as well, instead of a tip.

Whether you buy at BullionStar directly or enter from my site, the price you pay does not change.

My personal precious metals investments are stored with BullionStar and I pay the same fees as any other regular customer.

4 comments:

  1. It will get addictive!! I like the 10 oz bar due to its fine printed design.

    Continue stacking!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It already is addictive! Thanks for your tip about the 10 oz :) Stack on!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the information about the serials numbers starting with 88 instead of 99. I thought I bought a couple of fake bars but now I know that these bars were made to ship to Asia. It totally makes sense because I live in Japan. I have the exact same packaging too. Thanks again and keep stacking.

    ReplyDelete

Observe the house rules.