Sunday, March 1, 2015

[SGX Portfolio] February 2015 Update

As mentioned previously, this will be my attempt at having a monthly update of my SGX portfolio. I have also updated that page to include the historical growth of my portfolio. I find it personally encouraging to know that at this point last year I had nothing, but now I have accumulated a fair bit. Hopefully other people may be inspired and also decided to embark on their financial journey.
"The journey of a million miles begins with a single step"
Anyway, here are the current stats of the portfolio as of end February 2015.


Total Cost    $12,060.30    
Unrealized Gains$264.96
Accumulated Dividends $295.03
Realized Gains$145.66

*Total Cost is initial purchase cost of the current portfolio
*Unrealized Gains represents the unrealized capital gains on securities still held in the portfolio
*Accumulated Dividends is the total of all dividends collected thus far

*Realized Gains will only take into account the final net capital gain or loss after including transaction costs to close a long position on a security. 



I have decided to stop chasing down China Fishery and be less attached to certain stocks. You can't win all the time, which is why diversification is important.

I have divested my small stake in Hock Lian Seng for a total return on 41%.

I received $52.77 of dividends from Casa Holdings, OUE Commercial REIT and Starhill Global. I have some counters that went XD in February and I will be expecting the payouts to come next month.

Annual income from dividends is now expected to be about $780 for a full year, but of course I collected some and miss out others by not owning them the entire period. That brings the expected monthly income to $65.07 and daily income to be $2.14.

Based on the dividends I am expected to collect, my portfolio dividend yield on cost is estimated to be about 6.5%. I have taken the lower bound estimate for most of my counters, so it is quite possible to have surprises to the upside.

I am still very cautious about the local market. I am hoping for some broad market weakness soon to allow me entry to some good names at good prices. Therefore I am also trying to hold off purchases until there are some really tempting offers in the market. I have my eyes on quite a few counters.

I am still in the midst of coming up with a better watchlist and screening process to select counters to invest in, but this is a project that will take me a while since I am slowly trying to cover all the stocks on the SGX.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the divestment gain for HLS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit higher now after I sold it! I feel horrible because I hope the stock goes back down past my selling price just to stroke my ego, but I am at peace with my decision still :) Thanks B!

      Delete

Observe the house rules.